Dear Dutch Based Circus Professionals,
Circusstad Festival is looking for proposals from circus talent who would like to develop their idea into a full concept and take the first steps in their creation in September /October 2023. Showing of a work-in-progress will be on 16th, 17th or 18th of November at Maaspodium in Rotterdam.
Circusstad Festival supports the Dutch Circus field and emerging circus talent in various ways. We co-produce and commission to challenge Dutch circus companies/makers to take an exciting step in their development. And we program Dutch companies with their shows and works-in-progress during Circusstad Festival.
Circunstruction, as part of Circusstad Festival, is the trajectory that supports emerging talent with the first steps to set up a new project with a concept, and creation time. Many of the former Circunstruction projects have ultimately performed in the Netherlands and Europe, including Sinking Sideways, Julia Campistany, Knot on Hands, Familiar Faces, and more.
Circunstruction is created to bridge the gap between graduating from a professional circus education and the professional field. It concentrates on developing a good concept and the first three weeks of developing the new performance. Next to that, we offer workshops that will help you to professionalize your practice in the field of circus and performing arts.
We’re looking forward to your proposals. DEADLINE 9th of April 2023
What we ask:
– An idea for the content of a new circus performance and the interest to deepen out your idea/theme
in correlation to your aspired audience.
– You live/work in the Netherlands, preferably in or around Rotterdam.
– You’ve graduated from Codarts or ACaPA or have professional circus experience.
– Availability in September, October, and beginning of November 2023
What we offer:
– Support by developing a profound concept.
– Budget for about 1 to 3 artists for creation (approx. 3 weeks) and performances, artistic
advice (e.g., director/dramaturg), and a small budget for travel costs, costumes, props, set.
– Workshops in dramaturgy, budgeting, fundraising, marketing/branding, assistance in making a
simple light plan.
– Showings to get feedback from the working field.
– Possibly more performing options during Circusstad Festival in May 2024,
with the possibility to present your creation at the Dutch Circus Showcase.
Does this sound like the perfect challenge for you?
Please fill out the google-form for Circunstruction 12 (English or Nederlands) HERE or click here to find the application questions as a document (How to apply) .
DEADLINE : Sunday 9th of April 23:59!
You are welcome for a pretalk or further questions in filling out this form.
Please don’t hesitate to mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to give a call at +31(0)644072345.
We are very much looking forward to reading your proposals.
Jördis Cordua – talent development & Menno van Dyke – artistic director