Dear Dutch Based Circus Professionals,
Circusstad Festival is looking for proposals from circus talents who would like to develop their idea into a full concept and take the first steps in their creation in September /October 2022. Showing of a work-in-progress will be in the beginning of November at Maaspodium in Rotterdam.
Circusstad Festival supports the Dutch Circus field and emerging circus talent in various ways. First of all by programming Dutch companies with their shows and work-in-progresses during Circusstad Festival. We also co-produce and commission to challenge Dutch circus companies/makers to take an exciting step in their development.
Circunstruction, as part of Circusstad Festival, is the trajectory that supports emerging talent with the first steps to set up a new project with a clever concept, and creation time. Many of the former Circunstruction projects have ultimately performed in the Netherlands and Europe, including Sinking Sideways, Julia Campistany, Knot on Hands, Familiar faces and more.
Circunstruction is created to bridge the gap between graduating from a professional circus education and the professional field. It concentrates on developing a good concept and the first three weeks of developing the new performance. Next to that, we offer workshops that will help you to professionalize your practice in the field of circus and performing arts.
We’re looking forward to your proposals.
DEADLINE 3rd of April 2022
What we ask:
– A clever idea for the content of a new circus performance and the interest to deepen out your idea/theme in correlation to your aspired audience.
– You live/work in the Netherlands, preferably in or around Rotterdam.
– You’ve graduated from Codarts or Acapa or have professional circus experience.
– Availability in September, October, and beginning of November 2022 (presentation in Maaspodium)
What we offer:
– Support by developing a profound concept.
– Budget for about 1 to 3 artists for creation (approx. 3 weeks) and performances, artistic advice (e.g. director/dramaturg) and a small budget for travel costs, costumes, props, set.
– Workshops in dramaturgy, budgeting, fundraising, marketing/branding, assistance in making a simple light plan.
– Showings to get feedback from the working field.
– Possibly more performing options during Circusstad Festival in May 2023. With the possibility to present your creation at the Dutch Circus Showcase.
Does this sound like the perfect challenge for you?
Please fill out this google-form for Circunstruction 11 (English or Nederlands)
DEADLINE: Sunday 3rd of April 23:59!
For further questions in filling out this form or a pretalk please don’t hesitate to give me a call at +31-644072345 or to mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m very much looking forward to reading your proposals.